World Of Reliant INSECURE

Moderator: Moderators

XV1100
Reliant Geek

World Of Reliant INSECURE

Postby XV1100 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Just tried to log into here on my PC after UPDATING my web-browser i.e. Firefox (new version 52) and it is saying that this site is INSECURE :shock:
There is also a red strike-through line in the PADLOCK part on the password box as well as the padlock to the left of where the URL is displayed at the top.
I followed Mozilla's advice and "added" an S to the end of the http in the URL...this brought up a further messge as follows ....."The owner of http://www.world-of-reliant.org.uk has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site" :shock: :shock: :shock:

This message was sent via my mobile phone as it's web-browser is not Firefox.

Can this be fixed please so that i can visit the site with Firefox; that and it's difficult to see/type on here using my moby lol.
"hey guv'ner that thing should be in a museum" .. "it was" i replied :roll:

Forums have 1 or 2 growling dogs...posts need a C.Y.A. statement, mine being "i could be wrong :roll: "
Don't let the dogs bite you, C.Y.A. ;)

amam
Reliant Geek

Re: World Of Reliant INSECURE

Postby amam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:32 am

thats strange my firefox is fine with it

Tom Williams
Site Admin

Postby Tom Williams » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:04 am

I will look into purchasing an SSL certificate.

I may have to pop a donate button on the website to help ;)

The reason we havent had one until now is apart from username, email and a password, we dont store any other data like address' and card details.

Atodini
Know it all!

Postby Atodini » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 am

Darren,

This new firefox build is a bit of a nightmare. It reports a huge number of sites as insecure but, weirdly, it only blocks some of them!!!

I just upgraded mine, or to be more exact it just updated itself as I didn't have any option to cancel that I could see. I only actually have firefox installed for streaming / recording live TV and such (as it ignores DRM) and found similar problems but NOT with World of Reliant (or the Kitten Register site), both of which it reported as insecure but will still let me access fine....

However it would not let me on to the BBC news or home pages (though it did I-player and you tube even though it said they were insecure), or the Sky or Virgin pages I tried.

So I had a play with it. I found that I could stop this nonsense in the settings...... It still shows an exclamation mark against any non-ssl site but that's all it does now.

At the bottom of the firefox start page you should have a command bar which is where you access settings.....

John

XV1100
Reliant Geek

Postby XV1100 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi John, yeah i'm aware of the command bar for the settings etc. as i've been a great supporter/follower of Firefox ever since it started out in Linux many many years ago......as for
Atodini wrote:....I didn't have any option to cancel that I could see....

when installing Firefox there is an "option" to install an "updating client" (it may have changed since i last installed a browser (on a Windows box) therefore "i could be wrong") to automatically update Firefox and it's plugins, add-ons and extensions....i choose cancel when offered this option; on the odd times i have forgotten to say no/cancel i then "un-install" the update client.....failing that then use the Firewall Rule of your chosen firewall program to "block it" so it can't auto-update.

Hope this helps you.

Adam, update your browser mate....you know it makes sense ;)

Tom, no worries r.e any info/data being stolen as i don't give info out lol.....i'll send you my credit card details later via a text message ;) ;)
"hey guv'ner that thing should be in a museum" .. "it was" i replied :roll:

Forums have 1 or 2 growling dogs...posts need a C.Y.A. statement, mine being "i could be wrong :roll: "
Don't let the dogs bite you, C.Y.A. ;)

greenmeaney
Well Known Member

Postby greenmeaney » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 am

If you need donations,I 'm sure i'm not the only one that would be willing to contribute,drop me a pm with where to send!

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Postby mechanicalhorse » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:37 am

greenmeaney wrote:If you need donations,I 'm sure i'm not the only one that would be willing to contribute,drop me a pm with where to send!

Absolutely - the forum is a great place to chat and a great resource - more than happy to contribute towards its upkeep

Return to “Forum Technical issues,”