THIS FORUM is for forum problems, not vehicle problems!

Moderator: Moderators

hidunc
Reliant Geek

THIS FORUM is for forum problems, not vehicle problems!

Post by hidunc » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:50 am

Confusingly people have started posting vehicle stuff in this forum, when it's meant for questions on how to use the forum. Well, it's confused me for a while anyway. Please post reliant stuff in one of the main forums...

str8lolly
Reliant Geek

Re: THIS FORUM is for forum problems, not vehicle problems!

Post by str8lolly » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Well that confused me alright!

Think your trying to say that this section of the forum is to talk about technical issues. Not for general car related problems? That you would like car problems to be placed in the correct section of the form?
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
You cannot scare me, I have a daughter.

Antoni
Well Known Member

Post by Antoni » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Here's an example of an American who *does not* understand the concept of irony:

Alanis Morissette

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic, don't you think
It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought, it figures
Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well, isn't this nice."
And isn't it ironic, l don't you think
It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought, it figures

It was well after this song was popular that I understood the concept. It's harder than it looks. Or at least I found it so.

None of this post is ironic. It really isn't. I mean that. Oh bugger. When you start to descend into it, irony is a slippery slope. Best (for me) not to use it!

Others could get away with it.

kevhallett
Well Known Member

Post by kevhallett » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:37 pm

How do we know which car section to post in, particularly if the post is about many or various cars or Bitsas which are very popular these days owing to availability of parts? Therefore I'm sure that it would be a Technical issue, if the poster was unsure of where to post their problem, and as such posted here in order for a Moderator to decide on where it is best to file the said enquiry, so in fact it is technically correct to file Unsure queries in this section, as they are a forum Technical issue, if the poster is indeed in doubt as to where the best place is to file their question.

hidunc
Reliant Geek

Post by hidunc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:09 pm

kevhallett wrote:How do we know which car section to post in, particularly if the post is about many or various cars or Bitsas which are very popular these days owing to availability of parts? Therefore I'm sure that it would be a Technical issue, if the poster was unsure of where to post their problem, and as such posted here in order for a Moderator to decide on where it is best to file the said enquiry, so in fact it is technically correct to file Unsure queries in this section, as they are a forum Technical issue, if the poster is indeed in doubt as to where the best place is to file their question.
Kev, only just seen this post, sorry.
It seems you're even more confused than I was, lol.
What I can only try to make plain is that this particular forum, where this post is posted, is for issues to do with operational technicalities of how to use the Forum. That's why it's within the section introducing people to the Forum. That's why it's called "FORUM Technical Issues", not "VEHICLE Technical Issues". It is nothing to do with technicalities of vehicles. There is a separate section on 'vehicle technical issues' eg 'electrics', 'mechanical', 'bodywork' in the Vehicles part of the Forum.