photobucket

Moderator: Moderators

Atodini
Super Poster

Re: photobucket

Post by Atodini » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:04 am

Well they nailed me this morning - strong threatening e-mail in my inbox..........

So I tried and it won't let me link to images on any of the forums I frequent but, interestingly, images previously linked still work!

The e-mail also told me I was at 100% allowance. Odd as I haven't got a huge amount on there so I logged in to photobucket and it told me (after I'd waded through and cancelled a dozen or more advertising pop-ups) that I had used just 19%.........

So I then took copies of everything on there to a folder on my hard drive. I'll leave the ones on there, just in case they see sense as their current policy changes will surely put them out of business very soon.......

John

james@chgclassics
Super Poster

Post by james@chgclassics » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Found a temporary fix on Rover 75 Forum

"I'm not sure how long it will last and whether PB will get wise to this loophole and block it later, but currently, if you add ~original into the photobucket code that you paste into a forum thread to display a picture, it will show the picture unblocked.

You need to insert ~original after the bit that says .jpg and before the bit that says [/IMG]

So in other words it should look like this

.jpg~original[/IMG]

If you go and edit your pictures in your posts to add this extra bit of code the images will display again "

acid andy
Reliant Geek

Post by acid andy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:59 am

I thought I'd better repeat this information here as it may help a few people.

I've just signed up with and tested http://www.23hq.com

It seems to work pretty well. It was quick to sign up. I checked the Ts and Cs and they just say "If your use of the service results in high volume use of server capacity and bandwidth we can slow down or terminate your account." which seems reasonable and hopefully shouldn't be an issue on a private forum like this. I personally wouldn't tell too many people about it outside here or they may end up going the way of photobucket. :)
Push the pedal to the errr.. glass-reinforced plastic! 8-)

XV1100
Reliant Geek

Post by XV1100 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks for the link Andy 8-)
"hey guv'ner that thing should be in a museum" .. "it was" i replied :roll:

Forums have 1 or 2 growling dogs...posts need a C.Y.A. statement, mine being "i could be wrong :roll: "
Don't let the dogs bite you, C.Y.A. ;)

acid andy
Reliant Geek

Post by acid andy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:03 pm

You're welcome. Hope that site works out for people.
Push the pedal to the errr.. glass-reinforced plastic! 8-)

Tom Williams
Site Admin

Post by Tom Williams » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 am

Checking it works :D