Tamworth gathering 2020 is still happening

Keep an eye on here for both ROC and non ROC events!

Moderator: Moderators

amam
Reliant Geek

Tamworth gathering 2020 is still happening

Post by amam » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 am

As above Tamworth gathering 2020 is still happening this sunday

Arrivals about 10am

doug

Re: Tamworth gathering 2020 is still happening

Post by doug » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Did anyone get any photos? How many cars turned up?

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Post by mechanicalhorse » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:00 am

There's a couple of albums of photos on the Reliant Motor Club Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=322 ... 1990778616

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=328 ... 1297964396 (140+ photos!)

XV1100
Reliant Geek

Post by XV1100 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:30 am

Who owns the blue Kitten ?

FWIW that "Throttle Junkies" number plate is the wrong colour if i'm not mistaken.
"hey guv'ner that thing should be in a museum" .. "it was" i replied :roll:

Forums have 1 or 2 growling dogs...posts need a C.Y.A. statement, mine being "i could be wrong :roll: "
Don't let the dogs bite you, C.Y.A. ;)

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Post by mechanicalhorse » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 am

Hi Darren

The blue Kitten belongs to Geoff Ward, I believe it's supposed to be a "daily driver" - he's clearly got too much spare time on his hands :lol:

Yep, the number plate is incorrect, there's a few cars and bikes knocking about that are less than 40 years old with the black & silver plates on them - how do they get away with it? Originally they were only legal on pre-1973 vehicles, then for some strange reason the law changed so that vehicles taxed as "Historic" could wear them, but in reality not many cars had them from new once the reflective plates became available in the late 1960's as people buying a new car wanted something that looked fresh, not old fashioned.

Tony

XV1100
Reliant Geek

Post by XV1100 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm

Thanks for the info Tony...that's a nice looking Kitten from the few pictures i can see.

Yepp r.e. the number plate; i thought the exact thing "how do they get away with it"......that car hasn't earned to right (yet) to wear that style of number plate IMO.

Nice turnout from the pics.
"hey guv'ner that thing should be in a museum" .. "it was" i replied :roll:

Forums have 1 or 2 growling dogs...posts need a C.Y.A. statement, mine being "i could be wrong :roll: "
Don't let the dogs bite you, C.Y.A. ;)

amam
Reliant Geek

Post by amam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 pm

mechanicalhorse wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 am
then for some strange reason the law changed so that vehicles taxed as "Historic" could wear them, but in reality not many cars had them from new once the reflective plates became available in the late 1960's as people buying a new car wanted something that looked fresh, not old fashioned.
They changed it so tax/mot exempt classics can wear the black and silver plates as it looks like in the future they will have to wear them by law, similar with eco/electric cars will wear green numberplates

This will be for police and cameras to quickly identify vehicles are ok to drive on certain roads and emission zones in city centers etc

Atodini
Super Poster

Post by Atodini » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Not MOT exempt vehicles, only Historic registered. Mind you once the vehicle is over 40 years and 3 months old there's little point in not registering it as Historic. The only reason I can think of is if you need to use it for business.

Vehicles used for business can neither be Historic registered nor MOT exempt.

London and many others' emission zones presently exempt Historic registered vehicles but not over 40 year old non-historic registered vehicles.

I do recall that the original (Ken Livingstone) congestion charge was also intended to exempt Historic vehicles but the (Blair) government at the time vetoed this. Boris also tried to exempt them when he took over but was similarly knocked back....

Khan is planning the opposite with emissions but, as yet, the government won't let him change it. When, however, he increases the area chargeable (to within the M25?) he still intends that ALL except electric vehicles get charged for both emissions and congestion. Don't ya just love Politics?? NOT!!

So I guess that black and white/silver plates will become mandatory for Historic vehicles, as Adam suggests, along with green plates for electric vehicles so the enforcement cameras can easily detect them.

John

richard-cloudbase
Well Known Member

Post by richard-cloudbase » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:42 pm

That looks like a grate venue :)
How long has it been held there, from the car park?
It has been a few years for me. Do people still camp in the same camp site?
Best Regards

Richard
BSA C15, AJS 18S, Raliegh RM5, Honda PC50, Kawasaki Z200, MG Midget, 280hp Tiger CAT E1, Robin Mk3