Tamworth Gathering 2019

Keep an eye on here for both ROC and non ROC events!

Moderator: Moderators

newcar
Reliant Geek

Re: Tamworth Gathering 2019

Post by newcar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Might do, will let you know. I would normally go A1 but with the Tamworth visit and the A1 being closed near the border 8pm-6am might go up the dreaded west coast :o :shock:

Vanman
Know It All!

Post by Vanman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:04 pm

So, who's going to Tamworth this Sunday? :think: Anyone? :)

Atodini
Super Poster

Post by Atodini » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 am

I plan to be there, with the Jaffa this time, its brake master cylinder gremlins having been cured. at least it appears so.... Took it up to Pontefract for the northern gala a couple of weeks back without undue drama, bar the brake pedal return spring snapping on me. This, coupled with some stiffness in the pedal box pivot, meant that every time I pressed the clutch the brakes applied (gently)!! This too is now fixed, albeit temporarily - just fashioned a pull spring down from the steering column to return the pedal, tested, now all fine.

I really could not face removing the pedal box (needs the steering column removing too to get it out) plus I haven't yet sourced a new return spring for it. A job for the winter methinks.

John

newcar
Reliant Geek

Post by newcar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Won't make it to this now. Things have come up so a straight run home for me now.

nodestinyx
Found My Feet Now

Post by nodestinyx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:11 pm

Thank you to everyone who attended the Annual Reliant Gathering in Tamworth today. Bond Bug ,Regal, Foxes, Tempest, Scimitars, Middlebridge, Robins old, new and through the ages! , Rialto's and a whole litter of Kittens! - Kirsty Payne (event organiser).

Atodini
Super Poster

Post by Atodini » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:24 pm

A very enjoyable day, weather excellent, bright and sunny, a very wide cross-section of different Reliants plus the natives were, as usual, friendly. Some old friends, some new - yes it could have been better attended but overall it wasn't a bad turn out. There were several regulars who did not attend this year though - you missed a really good day!!

I didn't get pictures of every attendee, mainly because one or two had departed before I got the camera out.... Don't pay any attention to the time stamps on the pictures - The camera clock is a bit (about 3 hours) slow...…..

A trotter replica towing a yellow hearse, complete with coffin!! I certainly hadn't seen this outfit before. It did not arrive under its own steam - the Regal was in the back of a Sprinter and the "hearse" towed behind it, but it did work and the Regal towed the trailer into position without problems.

Keith's Vantique alongside a pair of yellow Kitten Estates. The Kitten in the centre here was previously unknown to me....

The rest of "Kitten Corner - my wee Jaffa plus a well used Fox.

Really nice Middlebridge Scimitar.

Pristine Scimitar GTC and Fox, both stunningly presented, plus one of 2 Bond Bugs..

A Robin and the other Bond Bug which, as the banner states, claims to be the one from the "Bangers and Cash" TV programme. Hmm, I could have sworn that the one featured on the programme was somewhat modified, retrimmed in white leather and burr walnut, odd things missing like the front rubber bump strip and the heater inlet grill, and so on. This one was very original so I'm doubtful, unless they featured another one that I missed. Don't think I did miss any episodes though!

Geoff's excellent Kitten Estate.

First and last generation Robins....

Phil's Ant with Kirsty's Kitten lurking behind it.

Late sabre and Robin. The yellow 1964 original Sabre 6 that has attended before was also here, but went before I took the pictures.

John

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Post by mechanicalhorse » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 pm

With attendances being relatively low at both the ROC National and Tamworth these days maybe it would be better if they were both combined into one? Tamworth wasn't well advertised (nothing on this forum and nothing in the Tamworth events guide), I presume both were in 'Top Gear' yet members clearly aren't finding the events attractive. I know it goes against tradition and the ROC doesn't like change, but maybe the National would be better attended if it wasn't on a holiday weekend?

There are classic car gatherings at Middleton Hall in Tamworth, maybe the organisers of that would be happy to have a good Reliant contingent at one of their monthly meets?

amam
Reliant Geek

Post by amam » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:59 pm

mechanicalhorse wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 pm
With attendances being relatively low at both the ROC National and Tamworth these days maybe it would be better if they were both combined into one? Tamworth wasn't well advertised (nothing on this forum and nothing in the Tamworth events guide), I presume both were in 'Top Gear' yet members clearly aren't finding the events attractive. I know it goes against tradition and the ROC doesn't like change, but maybe the National would be better attended if it wasn't on a holiday weekend?

There are classic car gatherings at Middleton Hall in Tamworth, maybe the organisers of that would be happy to have a good Reliant contingent at one of their monthly meets?
Ive said for years it would be better if tamworth was a weekend rally with the show day been the gathering on sunday, we previously did camping from the friday and some years ended up with 20 camping just waiting for sunday but sadly our campsite shut down that we were using

If you want to pop your suggestions on a email and send it to eventscommitte@reliantownersclub.org I can present it our latest meeting, we are about a point a new national rally chair so he might agree with the change of direction

The only problem would be finding a nice camp site near tamworth