Tamworth Gathering 2019

Keep an eye on here for both ROC and non ROC events!

Moderator: Moderators

Vanman
Know it all!

Tamworth Gathering 2019

Post by Vanman » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Is this still happening? By my reckoning, it should be just over a week away yet there has been no recent mention! :think:

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Re: Tamworth Gathering 2019

Post by mechanicalhorse » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:15 pm

There's been no mention recently of the 'other' gathering in Tamworth on September 22nd either. I couldn't see anything online about the event organised by Tamworth Council on the 8th, it's like some sort of secret society - how can they expect people to plan ahead and go if it's not advertised?

amam
Reliant Geek

Post by amam » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am

mechanicalhorse wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:15 pm
There's been no mention recently of the 'other' gathering in Tamworth on September 22nd either. I couldn't see anything online about the event organised by Tamworth Council on the 8th, it's like some sort of secret society - how can they expect people to plan ahead and go if it's not advertised?
which one is on the 22nd? this years is on the 8th

Vanman
Know it all!

Post by Vanman » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:35 am

Hi Adam. Poster says the eighth of September. I think you confused it with 14th annual gathering. 8th would make sense. It's just nine days away! Anyone else thinking about going? :think:

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Post by mechanicalhorse » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 am

amam wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am
mechanicalhorse wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:15 pm
which one is on the 22nd? this years is on the 8th
Hi Adam, The one on the 22nd is something the Reliant Motor Club are supposed to be involved with, I believe the Tamworth and District Civic Society are organising some kind of a heritage weekend but, again, there's nothing on their website.

Thanks for posting the poster for the one on the 8th, shouldn't Kirsty make it clear that all vehicles must be insured? (which I presume they do in a public place, even if they arrive on a trailer).

Thanks,
Tony

amam
Reliant Geek

Post by amam » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:30 pm

mechanicalhorse wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 am
Hi Adam, The one on the 22nd is something the Reliant Motor Club are supposed to be involved with, I believe the Tamworth and District Civic Society are organising some kind of a heritage weekend but, again, there's nothing on their website.

Thanks for posting the poster for the one on the 8th, shouldn't Kirsty make it clear that all vehicles must be insured? (which I presume they do in a public place, even if they arrive on a trailer).

Thanks,
Tony
I would believe so but its kirsty who organises this one and who made the poster, shes been passing it around on facebook but im surprised Tamworth Council haven't been advertising it or even put it on the council website - their website seems pretty empty of events

Also tamworth doesn't have a heritage weekend anymore which is why the Reliant Owners Club gathering became its own event, they did create a "celebration weekend" and a "food festival weekend" but these were in the castle grounds

So if the RMC are having a gathering I would imagine it'd be in the car park at the other end of the park near the bowling alley, there was a event a few months ago birmingham branch of the ROC helped for a small amount of reliants which ended up there

amam
Reliant Geek

Post by amam » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Right just phoned tamworth council to ask they told me about the roc gathering on the 8th

There is no hertiage weekend but on the 14th of september their having a "wheel of tamworth day" which is a different hertiage event but no reliant cars are been shown or gathering that day, they said their isn't anything planned on the 22nd - the outdoor events organiser told me this so im guessing the RMC gathering is a private event

newcar
Reliant Geek

Post by newcar » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:33 am

Might drop by this. Taking a mate from Fife to near Cambridge to pick a car up, so might pop in on the way home. In a Rover 75 i am afraid, not the Rialto.

mechanicalhorse
Reliant Geek

Post by mechanicalhorse » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:28 pm

amam wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:14 pm
Right just phoned tamworth council to ask they told me about the roc gathering on the 8th

There is no hertiage weekend but on the 14th of september their having a "wheel of tamworth day" which is a different hertiage event but no reliant cars are been shown or gathering that day, they said their isn't anything planned on the 22nd - the outdoor events organiser told me this so im guessing the RMC gathering is a private event
Thanks for the info Adam. There's a national Heritage Week this year (13th to 22nd September) but there's nothing happening in Tamworth centre (just something at Polesworth),

I've been in touch with the RMC and the Reliant event planned for the 22nd has been cancelled.

james@chgclassics
Super poster

Post by james@chgclassics » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 pm

newcar wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:33 am
Might drop by this. Taking a mate from Fife to near Cambridge to pick a car up, so might pop in on the way home. In a Rover 75 i am afraid, not the Rialto.
Im not far from Cambridge, In fact im 30 mins from peterborough which is on the A1 if you wanted to pop by and say hello :)